Coach: Bozi Kowalska
Junior 2 Squad
Squad placement is based on meeting minimum criteria (see below), commitment and performance. There may be times when the Coaching Cohort will exercise discretion based on injury, illness, study and mental wellbeing which will be addressed with the individual on a case by case basis.
- Athlete is between 8 and 14 years of age.
- Competent and confident in all 4 strokes – freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke and butterfly – with good technique.
- Must be competing regularly (introductory members should be attending Club Meets and Come n Try events; members should be attending meets regularly.
- From the 7 available sessions, swimmers can train up to 3 sessions per week, with a minimum of 2 sessions per week.
- Can swim up to 200m freestyle.
- Multiclass athletes will be considered based on both their race performance, commitment, training ability and attendance, confirmed via the Athlete Agreement.
- All athletes must be registered members of Marion Swimming Club (MSC).
The Coaching team will endeavour to:
▪ Motivate and encourage
▪ Inspire on-going improvement
▪ Support athletes in their journey through physical & mental challenges and school demands
▪ Act with integrity
|Monday||(combined with J1)||4.00pm – 4.15pm Dryland
4.15pm – 5.15pm
|Tuesday||4.00pm – 4.15pm Dryland
4.15pm – 5.15pm OR
4.45pm – 5.00pm Dryland
5.00pm – 6.00pm
|Wednesday||5.45pm – 6.00pm Dryland
6.00pm – 7.00pm OR
6.45pm – 7.00pm Dryland
7.00pm – 8.00pm
|Thursday||4.00pm – 4.15pm Dryland
4.15pm – 5.15pm
|Saturday||8.00am – 8.15am Dryland
8.15am – 9.15am
Coach Bio – Bozena Kowalska (Bozi)
I’m originally from Poland and I’ve been calling Adelaide home for last 27 years.
I’ve been involved in swimming my whole life, first as a competitor and then as a teacher and coach. I’m a Bronze level ASCTA coach and I also have Masters Degree in Physical Education with specialisation in swimming. You can speak to me in English, Polish, Spanish and Russian.
I enjoy very much working with junior swimmers teaching them correct technique and preparing for competitions.
I hope that my long experience in teaching variety of levels (30 years), my knowledge and skills will help our young athletes to develop a good foundation for a future success.