Coach: Micaela Habib
Bronze squad – Beringen
Squad placement is based on meeting minimum criteria (see below), commitment and performance. There may be times when the coaching cohort will exercise discretion based on injury, illness, study and mental wellbeing which will be addressed with the individual on a case by case basis.
- Athlete is 11 years or over.
- Has made two qualifying standards for events 100m or above and preferably the 200 IM as set out in the table below. (Swimmer must have swum at least 1x 200IM prior to joining this squad).
Beringen Qualifying Times – Girls
Beringen Qualifying Times – Boys
- Requires good technique in all 4 strokes with excellent turns.
- Multiclass athletes will be considered based on both their race performance, commitment, training ability and attendance, confirmed via the Athlete Agreement.
- All athletes must be registered members of Marion Swimming Club (MSC).
Bronze Squad is a development squad and a privilege to be a part of. Its aim is to achieve optimum results at State level and to facilitate a pathway to Silver squad. As a result, the following key criteria must be considered:
- 100% agreed training sessions via the Athlete agreement. Note: This squad offers 9 available training sessions per week including swim, dryland and bootcamp. This is a holistic program that supports optimum performance and outcomes. To fall below these required training sessions will require a meeting with your Coach, re-assessment of goals and a performance plan to be implemented.
- If, due to unforeseen circumstances, an athlete cannot meet these criteria, please request a meeting one on one with the Head Coach to address.
Our coaching cohort are here to listen, support and encourage you on your journey as an athlete and help you achieve your optimum performance.
The Coaching team will endeavour to:
• Motivate and encourage
• Inspire on-going improvement
• Support athletes in their journey through physical & mental challenges and school demands
• Act with integrity
• From time to time at the Coach’s discretion, athletes may be, by special invitation asked to join this training group. At this time the athlete must agree to the above expectations. A signed agreement indicating the athlete’s commitment will be requested.
• Qualifying times must have been achieved in a 50m long course pool at a registered meet.
|Monday||5.15pm – 5.30pm Dryland
5.30pm – 7.00pm
|Tuesday||5.15am – 5.30am Dryland
5.30am – 7.00am
|5.15pm – 5.30pm Dryland
5.30pm – 7.00pm
|Wednesday||5.15am – 5.30am Dryland
5.30am – 7.00am
|Thursday||4.00pm – 4.15pm Dryland
4.15pm – 5.45pm
|Friday||4.00pm – 4.15pm Dryland
4.15pm – 5.00pm
5.00pm – 6.00pm Bootcamp
|Saturday||5.00am – 5.15am Dryland
5.15am – 7.00am
Coach Bio – Micaela Habib
Micaela has been with Marion Swimming Club since 2011. Since then Micaela has swam at a National Age and Open level and medalled at National Age. She has worked with the swim school for several years specialising with disability groups. Micaela has her Competitive Coaches license and is looking forward to working with the young Marion members to help improve their technique. With lots of racing experience she will be able to assist our swimmers.