Marion Swimming Club has a range of squads to cater for the development and transition of swimmers from learn to swim through to high performance. We recognise that swimmers have different goals, and our squad structure provides these opportunities.
The following criteria are supported by these principles:
Technique is a vital component of training and should always be addressed by both the coach and the swimmer. It is an on-going component of every swimmer’s journey. If the need arises, there will be an opportunity to attend focused technique sessions for a small fee.
Squad placement is always under review and should injury, illness or general performance not be up to the required standard, the swimmer will be called in for review. A meeting can be arranged between the coach, swimmer and their guardian (as necessary) to create a mutually agreed performance plan setting goals which will enable a swimmer to remain in the squad.
SAALC reserves the right to add extra coaches depending on group size. Should this occur, fees may have to be adjusted upwards to keep in line with costs.
2019 Squad Structure and Criteria
MSC Conditions of Membership here.
MSC Code of Conduct here.
Swimming Australia Code of Conduct here.
TECHNIQUE TRAINING ONLINE SERVICE
We now have an online facility for technique training sessions so that you can make booking easily from anywhere. This is available only to Marion Swimming Club, competitive members. The first sessions available are on Saturday, 8 September.
The booking tool is simple and logical to use, it’s just a matter of following the onscreen prompts. The site gives you the option to select the coach and check their availability for the date and time that you wish. You make payment through the booking tool at the time of booking. As before, you can choose to book a single session or a pack of 4. The booking tool sends you emails confirming your booking and this contains links that enable you to cancel or otherwise modify your booking if so desired. There is no need to bring a receipt or email along to the session.
Technique training availability is influenced by coaching timetables, events held at the centre, National Holidays and annual leave. There may be times when sessions are unavailable or have to be cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances.
Please note the following terms and conditions:
- Booking changes can be made up to 24 hours before a session is due to start.
- 24 hours’ notice is required for a booking modification, including cancellation, otherwise the session will be forfeit. However, if you need to cancel within the 24 hour period and have special circumstance, an alternative booking might be possible at the discretion of the Head Coach. In the case of a medical event, another session will be made available for booking on production of a medical certificate for the date of the original booking.
- You can cancel and modify your own bookings if you are working 24 hours or more ahead of the booking date.
- Refunds are only granted in exceptional circumstances and can take up to 8 weeks to process.
- 4 pack sessions not used expire after 4 months.